Two Digital Gypsies Rating – 4.5 Stars
Located at the end of a plateau in the Mara Triangle in Kenya, the Mara Serena Safari Lodge was our favorite accommodation to stay at during our safari in Kenya. The lodge has a balcony where you can enjoy a drink and soak in the panoramic and majestic views of the Maasai Mara National Reserve. The staff at the lodge met us at our safari vehicle with moist warm towels to wipe off the road grime and fruit drinks to sip on as we checked in.
The rooms were modern and very comfortable with a sliding glass door and small ledge where we could view the Maasai Mara from the room. The dining room had buffet style food for breakfast and lunch, and the ability to order a five course meal for dinner. The food we ate at the lodge was excellent, both from the buffet and the dinner we had.
The lodge also has a spa, swimming pool, and bar, with numerous areas in the main building and outside to enjoy the views or spend some time reading with a drink.
If you plan a safari in Kenya, definitely visit the Maasai Mara and spend a night or two at the Mara Serena Safari Lodge.
- Incredible views from the main building and room.
- The best food we had on our safari.
- Free wi-fi in the main building and room.
- We loved the Maasai decor in the main building and rooms.
- Staff was friendly and efficient.
- Room service and a safe in the room.
- Bathroom door wouldn’t shut.
- Water in shower was lukewarm not hot.
- Room was a little small.
- Kenyan Safari – Ol Pejeta to Lake Naivasha
- Ballooning in the Maasai Mara