Two Digital Gypsies Rating – 4.5 Stars
I just received this laptop bag recently from Tom Bihn and it is fantastic. What I wanted was a laptop bag that would hold all of my video essentials in one place, and this bag fits the requirement. It will hold my laptop, travel tripod, video camera, cords, books, an external hard drive, and more! I also wanted a laptop bag that would double as a carry on bag for traveling and would fit under the seat on an airplane.
The Super Ego Messenger Bag has these features:
- Zippered pockets that are accessible with the flap open or closed. The pockets have water-repellent zippers. On top of the zippered pockets are two open-top wallet-sized pockets. On either side of the zippered pockets are small stretch mesh pockets with an open top, great for storing pens or other small items.
- Organizer pockets for pens, iPhone, and wallet.
- Behind the front flap and pouch is the zippered main compartment, so I don’t have to unbuckle the main flap to access my laptop.
- The main compartment of the Super Ego is padded for comfort and to help the bag maintain its shape.
- Left and right sides of the Super Ego has water bottle pockets.
- Back of the Super Ego has a back pocket for magazines or newspapers.
- Super Ego measures 17″ x 14.5″ x 6.75″ / 435 x 370 x 175 mm and weighs 2 lbs. 10oz.
Along with the Super I bought “The Cache” which protects my laptop against scrapes and scratches. It has 1/4″ (6 mm) thick foam padding laminated with an exterior of nylon and an interior of brushed tricot. The Cache $30 closes by tucking the flap into the top opening.
Pros – Well designed, attractive, versatile, roomy, and sturdy.
Cons – It’s a little pricey $180, but not enough to deduct a star. My son has had his messenger bag from Tom Bihn for 5 years and it is still looking good and is still in excellent condition, so I’m not worried about mine. It is also made in the US in Seattle which you don’t see much anymore.
- Online cloud file storage & backup
- Setting up a US phone number with Skype for use overseas