Western Digital My Passport for Mac 2TB Portable External Hard Drive Storage USB 3.0
- Blazing-fast USB 3.0 connectivity
- Sleek compact design, measures 3.2 x 4.4 x .8″ and weighs only 8.2 oz.
- Compatible with Apple Time Machine
- Password protection and hardware encryption
- 2 TB of storage. It’s the ideal companion for anyone with lots of photos, movies, videos and files that they want to take with them.
- HFS+ Journaled so it works right out of the box Mac OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard , Lion or Mountain Lion. Can be reformatted for Windows.
- Comes with USB Cable and Quick Install Guide
This is the perfect companion for any traveler. When we travel I have my MacBook Pro computer & my Panasonic video camera. As everyone knows, video and image files are large files that require a lot of storage space. This external hard drive has 2 TB of storage, enough for 40 hours of video recording. At only 4″ long and less than an inch thick, it fits nicely in my laptop bag. PLUS it doesn’t need a power cable. You just plug it in to the USB port on your computer.
To protect the WD My Passport I bought an AmazonBasics Hard Carrying Case for My Passport-Essential. The cost seemed very reasonable, only $6. The semi-hard case gives good protection to the hard drive. Inside the case is a nice elastic band that secures the hard drive and there is a pouch on the other side of the case to hold the USB cord.
Pros – The WD My Passport is small, lightweight, and attractive. But most of all it has a lot of storage space.
Cons – None evident yet. It is a little pricey at $149 but I remember a couple of years ago I paid the same amount for a WD Hard Drive that was only 500 GB, required a power cord, and would never fit in a laptop bag.
- Southwold UK
- Tips for charging an iPhone overseas